Monday, September 29, 2008

Cows Are Calming


Jaipur, India


This visit to India was radically different from any of my previous visits.  For one, I was seeing India from a whole different perspective - eating in the best restaurants, staying at the best hotels, and seeing things that most people only dream about.  

But through it all, it was work - not a luxury vacation.  And the stress that goes along with shooting doesn't dissipate just because you are filming in the maharaja suite at the Umaid Palace.

But strangely enough, where I found my peace and joy was back on the choas of the streets - with the lonely street cows.

Cows are hypnotic.  Its not hard to see why they are revered in India.  

But, to be sure, the environment does make all the difference.  After all, I don't get the same feeling passing the massive feedlot on the I-5.


No comments: