Thursday, April 15, 2010

We Live In Public

Mexico City, Mexico


Dead tired. 11pm. The end of the day and the end of a long week of shooting. Im sitting in my room ascertaining the easiest way to numb myself. Theres always the ambien. Gorging on room service.

I decide to go with the over priced tequila from the mini bar and mexican television. Keep it local.

Flipping through telenovelas as I sip my reposada, I eventually came across the Hotel Habita Channel, featuring 24 hours a day dedicated to mash ups of real time footage from the hotel security cameras. Every 5 seconds or so, the flashframe montage holds on the elevator cam. A new hotel guest every 5 seconds - waiting out the time. A few seconds of privacy (assumed privacy)before they put on their game face again.

I can't stop watching. Totally captivating. I cant get enough.

So much better than any telenovela or Brokeback Mountain in Spanish. (Though the latter made me cry.)




No comments: