Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The African Ballet

Guguletu, Cape Flats, South Africa


HBO has picked up a short documentary I developed last year about South Africa's first black ballet school.  I just recently returned to Cape Town to begin production.  These are the kids I've been shooting.  This photo was taken during their most recent tour of the western cape.

And below is the development reel, if you are interested ... Its pretty lo res, so it might be difficult to read the subtitles.  


And if Nkosinarte's tire shoes inspire you, check out this site.

2 comments:

BillGoat said...

So good! So good! BEautiful. I watched the reel again - It's really moving and very special. You are one of a kind, Jerems.

Stephanie Torresi said...

I'm speechless. It's wonderful, Simmons, absolutely wonderful.