Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sometimes, I miss Texas

Ft Worth, TX



I took this with my camera phone at a Black Crowes concert last year, and only recently discovered it as I was deleting media to make more space.  I think it's the perfect picture.  Lots of girls in boots.  Lots of cells phones. No one's too interested in the Black Crowes, myself included...

Here's my analysis of the scene:   I think the girl in the black boots is the "A" friend and the girl in the pink boots is the less attractive "B" friend she keeps around so that guys (like the one in the backwards baseball cap) will check out her ass and not her friends.  The A friend is checking her messages for a guy who she is supposed to meet there, who hasn't shown up, and the B friend is pretending she got a text message.  No one is really enjoying themselves because the beer is $8 a can.  

3 comments:

Stephanie Torresi said...

Made me laugh so hard I just about gave birth... But the sad part about what you wrote is that, in my opinion, you're absolutely right.

Jeremy said...

If anyone can relate, its you! ...and I bet, in some weird twisted way, you miss texas too! though, Im sure you'll agree, its best loved from afar.

Stephanie Torresi said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Texas is definitely best loved from afar. It's so funny the things that stand out to me when I go back home that I never would think twice about when I lived there that are so truly Texan. And yes, in some weird way, I do kind of miss Texas.