Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Around the World in a Best Western

Can you tell, based on a hi - wide angle shot of my hotel room?


Im thinking about making this my first "regular blog feature" - so all 10 of you that read this blog can wait with baited breathe for the next installment.  

It is based on that uncomfortable feeling of waking up and not remembering where i am -What town, who i am shooting, what my goal is, or what happened the day before.  Sometimes, it takes turning on the lights and looking around to get my bearings.  But since I always stay in a best western, that doesn't usually help much. But still, even best westerns have hints of personality.  It may be a take out pizza menu on the desk with a location printed on the front.  Or a Bible on the nightstand (usually hidden in the drawer, unless you are in the south), or an oil painting of an adobe mission over the bed (which would indicate a hotel room in the south west)  So, with that, here is my latest hotel room.  Where am I?  (try clicking on the photo for a LARGE DETAILED VIEW!!)  Its kind of like a highlights game!

 This is a hard one.  There is very little to give anything away.  But the utter blandness is the first clue.  Also, you might notice, its a little DATED.  The floral bedspreads have been replaced in the newer best westerns.  And you might not be able to tell, but the painting features a gazebo in a swampy park.  Gazebo?  Swamps?  10 years behind?  Hmmmm....  For further help, you will find some NERDS on the bedside table (that I bought across the street at a piggly wiggly).  Yes... Im in South Carolina (Timmonsville, to be exact)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you stay at the Best Western when you were in Trinidad? (The Trinidad in Colorado, I mean.) The housekeepers used to open the Bible to a different passage each day. After about a week, they stopped putting it on the nightstand and started leaving it on my pillow, instead. A subtle hint, I guess.

BillGoat said...

I see socks, I know it's Jerems.

Jeremy said...

Thats pretty funny, afsheen. Back in my tranny days, I was sleeping with the good people of quality inn. Which, if memory serves, was 10 dollars cheaper than BW (and thats what it was all about in those days). Though the bed was lumpy, the maids left the bible under the phone book. Which I took for granted at the time, but now, of course, I am very thankful

Jeremy said...

I know. I leave a sock trail. but you love me anyway!